Open Oven or Booking?
Choose Open Oven if:
- Groups no larger than 15 to 20 people
- Plan to cook pizzas (Or easy to roast items like foiled veggies)
Choose Bookings if:
- Groups of any size
- Need a specific date
- Plan to cook pizzas or;
- Plan to cook other food items that might require a different temperature (Bread, deserts etc.)
Make a booking here
Open Oven Details
- Open Ovens are our weekly free wood fired baking/cooking event where the oven is fired up and everyone can come cook/bake, eat together, and picnic in the park. No booking required.
- The Front Street Oven can get pretty busy during some Open Ovens – so bring your patience, it is worth the wait!
- All food being cooked needs to be in the oven no later than 2:45 pm.
Open ovens are every Saturday at 12pm-3pm from July 13th to October 14th in 2019.
The Front Street Community Oven (by the Wolfville Library)
Robie Tufts Nature Park, 122 Front Street, Wolfville, NS
What we provide:
- Several picnic tables are located around the oven.
- 2 stainless steel prep counters
- Pizza peels large enough to make 10-12 inch pizzas.
- Running water (June to September only).
- The oven and the wood to heat it.
- Trained volunteers to keep the oven fire lit.
Everything else must be brought by the visitor.
What to Bring
We will issue a cancellation for weather 12-24 hours in advance of an event if the weather forecast:
- Has a great than 50% chance of precipitation, and;
- Precipitation is expected to be rain (or snow!?!) e.g. Not showers, drizzle etc. or;
- A weather warning has been issued by Environment Canada.
There are no washrooms at the oven site (yet) but there are public washrooms available nearby at Wolfville Library or the Railtown Condo Building.