Our COVID-19 Guidelines
We are dedicated to the safety of our community, which is why we’ve created a list of COVID specific guidelines for those enjoying the oven to follow. This includes:
- A roped off perimeter around the oven will be set up during events. This allows attendees of the event to effectively social distance with the public using the park
- Guests must provide the number of people attending their event when booking
- Anyone who enters the perimeter is required to wash their hands and fill out a contact tracing form with their name and number – this is compliant with current provincial guidelines
- No more than ten people are allowed inside the perimeter at one time, and we encourage there to be less so social distancing can be maintained
- We are asking our fire masters and guests to wear masks if effective social distancing is not possible
- Guests must take their prepared food outside of the perimeter to eat it, and social distancing from those not in your “bubble” is encouraged while you eat
- Guests must bring their own utensils, cutlery, plates, cooking utensils, etc…
- The handles of pizza peels that are provided will be sanitized in between each use; one peel is designated for fire master use only
- Food prep surfaces are to be cleaned with a food grade sanitizer between each use
This Thursday event is an open cookout day to play with cooking/baking using the wood fired oven and cast iron pans. About this event About Front Street Community Oven Cookouts cookouts happen every Thursday night from 6:00pm-8:00pm until October explore new foods...
Join us for wood-fired naan making and sharing a meal on June 16th from 6pm-8pm at the Front Street Community Oven Please "Register" so we know how much dough to make. About Front Street Community Oven Cookouts cookouts happen every Thursday night from 6:00pm-8:00pm...
Come on down! Join us for our weekly Community Cookout! When Every Thursday (weather permitting). 6pm - 8pm Outdoors, at the Front Street Oven in Robie Tufts Park, Wolfville About this event Please "Register" so we know how much dough to make. BYO pizza...
our guiding Values
Our values were prepared by our 8 founding board members and from notes Adam and Duncan took from conversations with community members at the Wolfville Farmers’ Market. Everything we do will be lead by our values.
We strive to bring people together; generosity and gratitude are at the heart of what we do. We believe our web is stronger when we are connected. We aim to provide opportunities to share food and space, while slowing down and being present.
Inclusion and Diversity
We believe in wellness for all, including those who may feel under-served within our community. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend and participate at oven events. Our space is a place of kindness, respect, cooperation, and connection.
We believe in being accountable to each other, those we serve, and those who support our efforts – from financial transparency to staying true to our values and principles. We strive for order, effectiveness, and efficiency, with clear communication and organization at all levels.
Fun and adventure are intertwined with how we function as a community organization. We aim to provide opportunities for people of all ages to make and learn about food, so it can be incorporated into their daily lives. We value experimenting, expanding horizons, and trying new things; this can be exciting but also intimidating, so we’ve incorporated fun into all aspects of learning.
Join Our Unstoppable Community of Supporters
The best way to donate is online, using a credit card (look to the right or below). Or, you can send a cheque to: Front Street Community Oven Society, 2700 Greenfield Rd, Gaspereau, NS, B4P 2R1
Things you can do at the wood-fired oven
Join our volunteer team! Sign up to become a “Fire Master”.
what’s coming up
Be the first to get notified about upcoming events at the oven by joining our email community.
Inspiration for the Idea
This is the Park Avenue Community Oven in Dartmouth. Ours will be similar in that it’s in the park, but a different design. Our volunteer architect is working on it and we’re working with the Wolfville architectural committee to ensure it fits aesthetically with the town.
Want to learn more about sponsorship and donation options?