This Thursday event is an open cookout day to play with cooking/baking using the wood fired oven and cast iron pans.
About this event
About Front Street Community Oven Cookouts
- cookouts happen every Thursday night from 6:00pm-8:00pm until October
- explore new foods cooked in a wood-fired oven
- celebrate good food
- make new friends and eat together community
- each week will have a theme
Theme this week:
Cast Iron Pan Cooking
This Thursday event is an open cookout day to play with cooking/baking using the wood fired oven and cast iron pans. The oven will be (approximately) 600 degrees in the back, 500 in the middle and 350 degrees in the front. Let’s cook with fire together in the park!
Duncan and Caroline will bring potatoes to roast with enough to share. We will bring 3 extra cast iron pans.
To get inspired for what to cook, here are a few ideas:
What to bring:
- A cast iron pan (or aluminum foil if you don’t have one – we have a few extra pans)
- Anything you’d like to try cooking/baking in the oven for dinner. It will be hot, so the opportunities for delicious and creative fun abound!
- Roasted vegetables like cabbage, carrots, asparagus, turnips, eggplant, etc.
- Potatoes or sweet potatoes
- Frying cheese, fish or meat
- Fruit crumble or other desserts in a pan
- Anything you’d like for a lovely picnic meal in the park (salads, tea, etc)
- Things needed for food prep & enjoyment
- Cutting board and knives
- Plates, bowls, and cutlery
- Picnic blankets or chairs for additional seating (there are long harvest picnic tables in the park)
We invite you to offer a donation to help cover costs of running Community Cookouts.
This event is limited to 12 people to maximize opportunities for people to cook.
Please “Register” so we have a sense of numbers and can plan to best host everyone in the space.
Hope to see you this week!
Caroline & Duncan