- 1 cup chickpea flour garbanzo bean flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp crushed rosemary
- 1/4 white onion finely chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
Optional: marinara sauce or pesto, feta, and any other pizza toppings you’d like.
- Make in wood fired oven at 500 degrees or higher or broiler in regular oven. Place cast iron pan in hot area of oven or below the broiler (about six inches). Heat it while you prepare your ingredients
- In a large bowl, combine water, flour, 2tbs olive oil, salt, rosemary (optional, but amazing), and chopped garlic. Whisk with a whisk or fork vigoursly.
- Finely chip onion and set aside
- Remove heated cast iron pan from the oven, toss in onion and put back in oven for 1 min.
- Remove your skillet, drizzle with 1 tsp of olive or a little more. Pour in your farinata (socca) batter into the hot pan and tilt to evenly coat the bottom. Drizzle at least 1tsp of olive oil across the top.
- Place skillet back in the oven close to broiler (so the top cooks evenly) and cook your for 5-7 min until the edges are browing and blistered.
- Remove from oven with heat proof gloves and top with your sauce/pesto and toppings
- Return to over for 5minutes, or until toppings are warm/beginning to brown
- Remove from oven. Let cool. Slice and serve.
This receipt is adapted from Moon and spoon and Yum’s Recipe.