Luskinikn Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup water (or 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup water)
- Preheat or fire up oven to 400°F. The wood oven was between 450°F 650°F in different parts of the oven when we did it on November 10th, 2019.
- For at home, grease a baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl.
- For home oven, place the dough in the baking dish. Flatten to ensure it is evenly spread throughout the dish. For wood-fired oven, check the temperature of the floor in various places to see where the oven is closest to 400°F, then flatten the dough to 1.5-2 inches tall and place dough directly on the hot oven floor.
- Bake for 20-25 mins, or until golden brown on top. In wood fired oven, check the bottom of the dough for burning and put it closer to the oven door or a cooler spot if it starts to burn.
- Transfer to a serving plate and break apart by hand (cutting with a knife will make the hot luski gooey). Serve with honey, molasses, jam or golden syrup.
Thank you to Sandy at Glooscap First Nation for sharing this recipe. Duncan Ebata edited the luski recipe instructions based on how it baked in our wood fired oven.